To print this article, all you need to do is be registered or log in to Mondaq.com.
Display and analysis of religious accommodations related to employee vaccines
- What are the religious exemptions and accommodations for COVID-19?
- What is considered a religious exemption?
- Are religious exemptions different from religious accommodations regarding the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How can employees request a religious dispensation?
- How can employees request religious accommodation?
- Can employers or businesses meet with employees who request religious accommodation? What happens in these meetings?
- What other information should individuals, employees, and employers know about requests for religious accommodation/exemption for COVID-19 vaccination?
These questions are coming up more and more because of recent decisions by the Supreme Court.
On January 13, 2022, the United States Supreme Court upheld as legal the CMS Vaccination Mandate, which required certain healthcare entities to mandate the COVID vaccine for their employees (including physicians, registered nurses (RN ), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), nurse practitioners and physician assistants), among most other staff. Due to this Supreme Court ruling on the COVID vaccine, the dates required for implementation have changed for most states across the country and there has been a massive increase in requests for religious accommodation to obtain the COVID vaccine. . We discuss religious accommodations employees can request to avoid getting the COVID shot. Join us for this episode as we discuss requests for accommodation/exemption of religion from the COVID-19 vaccine. The answers to these questions and many more are presented in this episode of Employment Law After Hours. For more information, please contact Bryan Meek at [email protected].com.
Originally published on YouTube on January 26, 2022
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: United States Coronavirus (COVID-19)