• Wintergarden Presbyterian: 5:30 to 8 p.m. October 29 at Church, 18305 Wintergarden Ave., Port Charlotte. This is a fun Trick or Treat family night with games, food, treats, s’mores, and popcorn.
• Gulf Cove United Methodist Church: 3 pm to 5 pm October 30 at church, 1100 South McCall Road, Port Charlotte, Gulf Cove area. There will be free food, takeout crafts and lots of candy. For more information, call 941-697-1747 or [email protected] or visit GulfCoveChurch.com.
• Sonrise Baptist Church: 4 pm to 6 pm October 31st at 11050 Willmington Blvd., Englewood. The event is free and open to the public. At least 30 cars will be decorated and offer gifts. There will also be hay rides as well as special treats. For more information, call 941-475-5363.
• Fellowship of Englewood Church: 5:00 p.m. Oct. 31 in the church parking lot, 140 Rotonda Blvd. Where is. Entrance is free and everyone is welcome. Wear your best suit. Visit fcenglewood.com or the church’s Facebook page or call 941-475-7447.
german serviceNorth Port Community United Church of Christ, 3450 S. Biscayne Drive, holds its German worship service at 3:00 pm on October 23. Reverend Attila Szemesi officiates. For more information, call 941-426-5580 or contact [email protected] CDC guidelines are followed regarding wearing masks.
Make a difference dayWintergarden Presbyterian invites everyone to join Make A Difference Day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on October 23 at 18305 Wintergarden Ave., Port Charlotte. The church will be working on various projects in the Food Garden and Food Forest.
“The Elected” seriesWintergarden Presbyterian, 18305 Wintergarden Ave, Port Charlotte, invites everyone on a journey through season 1 of the TV show “The Chosen”. All are invited to join Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. until October 27 to watch the series together, eat a meal and participate in a discussion about the episode being watched. This is a free event and a Bible study. Also, you can watch the show for free at home by downloading The Chosen TV app. Visit www.wintergardenpres.org for more information.
Coats for children driveThe Knights of Columbus Council 7672 St. Francis of Assisi will collect donations to provide coats for children at Englewood and Vineland elementary schools. Volunteers will collect donations from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 28-30 in front of Publix at Merchants Crossing, 1500 Placida Road, Englewood. Last year, the Knights were able to provide 180 coats for the two schools.
Fall festivalPunta Gorda’s First Baptist Church, 459 Gill St., Punta Gorda, will be holding its annual Fall Festival at 5 p.m. on October 31. For more information, visit fbcpuntagorda.org.
First Monday supperGulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 S. McCall Road, offers free take-out dinners on the first Monday of each month. The menu for November 1 includes a shepherd’s pie, salad, bun and dessert. Dinners can be picked up between 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm November 1st. You can reserve a meal on GulfCoveChurch.com, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 941-697-1747 from 9 a.m. to noon. Monday to Thursday. Although meals are free, donations are appreciated.
Patriotic concertThe Burnt Store Presbyterian Church invites everyone to a patriotic concert and veterans hymn at 3 p.m. on November 7 at the church, 11330 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda. The program includes patriotic hymns and songs and will feature the church’s worship team, the chancellor’s choir and special musicians. For more information, call 941-639-0001.
Barn Sale, Christmas BazaarThe Men’s Club Barn Sale will be held concurrently with the Craft Ladies Christmas Bazaar and 9am to 2pm Bake Sale Nov 12-13 at Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, S 1100 McCall Road, Port Charlotte. For more information call 941-697-1747 or email [email protected]
Christmas concertThe Ditchfield Family Singers will perform a Christmas Memories concert at 7:15 p.m. on November 29 at the Burnt Store Presbyterian Church, 11330 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda. Doors open at 6.30 p.m. There are no reserved places. A special entrance for people in wheelchairs or walkers is available by informing the car park attendant upon arrival.
The ensemble is conducted by Patriarch Stephen Ditchfield, known locally for his performances at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, as a soloist with the Sarasota Concert Band, as master of ceremonies at the annual Sarasota and Tampa and as the host of the Homestyle Harmony lounge shows. The Ditchfields have often been called “Florida’s answer to the vocalists of the Von Trapp family”.
Tickets cost $ 25. The seats are limited. 3% credit card processing fee will apply. Tickets are available at the Burnt Store Presbyterian Church on Sundays between church services and 9 a.m. to noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. For more information, call 941-639-0001 or email office @ bspc online.org.
First Presbyterian Concert SeriesThe First Presbyterian Church of Punta Gorda presents its 2021-2022 concert series:
• December 5: Rachel Cox and Judy Kaff, a Christmas concert
• January 30, 2022: Ann Alton and Friends, a romantic chamber music concert
• February 27, 2022: Southwind Bluegrass Band, music ranging from the 40’s and 50’s to today’s bluegrass styles
• March 20, 2022: Two Pianos, Rozier and Kaff present classical to current musical styles
All concerts take place at 3 p.m. at 25250 Airport Road, Punta Gorda. The suggested donation is $ 15. For more information, call 941-639-1959 or visit fpcpunta.org.
Burnt Store Concert SeriesBurnt Store Presbyterian Church, 11330 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda, announces its 2022 concert series:
• January 24, 2022: Tribute Company, a seven-member ensemble celebrating America, Three Dog Night, Doobie Brothers and Seals and Crofts.
• February 14, 2022: The Boys of D63 presents four singers who perform Billy Joel, Earth Wind and Fire, Frankie Valli and more.
• March 14, 2022: Everly Set, a tribute to the Everly Brothers.
Season tickets for all three concerts are $ 60. Single tickets cost $ 25. Tickets go on sale December 20, if available. The performances will start at 7.15 p.m. Doors open at 6.30 p.m.
Prayer breakfast for menThe Fellowship of Englewood Church hosts its monthly men’s prayer breakfast from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the first Saturday of each month at 140 Rotonda Blvd., Rotonda. It’s open to all men and it’s free. For more information, call 941-475-7447.
Choir, bell ringersThe traditional Burnt Store Presbyterian Church choir meets on Thursdays at 5 p.m. for a church rehearsal, 11330 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda. The contemporary choir meets at 6 p.m. on Wednesdays. The bell ringers meet on Wednesdays at 4 p.m. For more information, call 941-639-0001, email [email protected], or visit www.bspconline.org.
Free food• Wintergarden Presbyterian, 18305 Wintergarden Ave, Port Charlotte, the in-car pantry is open from noon to 4 pm Thursday.
• Free food will be distributed from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. every Thursday while driving at the Community Life Center, 19048 Edgewater Drive, Port Charlotte. For more information, call 941-629-0999.
• Free baked goods, such as bread, muffins, rolls and desserts, will be distributed between 9:30 am and 10:15 am on Tuesdays and Fridays at the Praise Tabernacle, 18350 Edgewater Drive, Port Charlotte. For more information, call 941-766-9995.
Christ Community United Methodist Church Thrift Store, 27000 Sunnybrook Road, Harbor Heights, is open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Find housewares, clothes for all ages, furniture. Mask required. The proceeds support outreach programs for the community. For more information, call the church office at 941-629-1593.
Closet of Hope at Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 S. McCall Road, Port Charlotte, offers free clothing for children and adults of all ages. The closet is open from 9:30 am to noon every Saturday. Individuals must show photo identification at the door that reflects their residence in Charlotte County or Englewood, North Port or Venice in Sarasota County. Clothing donations are accepted when the Closet is open.
Crafty Ladies of Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 S. McCall Road, will sell their handicrafts from 9 am to 11:30 am on Thursdays (except holidays) in Oak’s Cove, the small building behind the church. Call MaryEllen at 941-697-6384 to make an appointment on another day. Send an email to [email protected]; GulfCoveChurch.com website.
Jesus loves you Department thrift store, 1734 Cedarwood St., Port Charlotte, is open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. The Ministry of Jesus Loves You provides mobile assistance to the homeless in the area.
Thrift store of Saint-David, at Beall’s Outlet, 485 Indiana Ave., Englewood, is looking for volunteers who have three hours per week. The shops are open from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 9:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Volunteer hours are flexible. Call Helen Diaguila at 941-474-1047.
Resale store Saint-Vincent-de-Paul, 17753 Toledo Blade Blvd., Port Charlotte, is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The store’s recipes support the Saint-Vincent-de-Paul pantry. The store now offers gift cards. The store has two special sales: the first and second Saturday of each month.
To submit religious news, email [email protected] Submissions will be edited for length. The announcements will be broadcast within the limits of available places. To purchase an advertisement to secure a newspaper spot for an event, call Display Advertising on To submit religious news, email [email protected] Submissions will be edited for length. The announcements will be broadcast within the limits of available places. To purchase an advertisement to secure a newspaper spot for an event, call Display Advertising on 941-206-1000.